Question Unanswered: Sybase 12 and 12.5

I have Sybase ASE 12.5 64 bit on Solaris 2.8

Can I install Sybase ASE 12.0 32 bit on the same box?

Can I use the same sybase login or do I need to create a new one?

Also what is the procedure to migrate ASE 12.0 32 bit to 64 bit?

TIA
    Rajesh

Re: Sybase 12 and 12.5

> Can I install Sybase ASE 12.0 32 bit on the same box?
    yes, but not to the same directory! And they do not use the same database device.

> Can I use the same sybase login or do I need to create a new one?
    Don't really know what you mean.
    Are U saying that u probably have 2 ASE (32 bit and 64 bit) running simultaneously with different server names, booting from different master devices etc. So, u can create the same login in each of these servers and login with the same id.

>Also what is the procedure to migrate ASE 12.0 32 bit to 64 bit?
    See tech note http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010752

TIA
    Rajesh [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

What I mean by same login is the Unix login. I am using sybase as the unix login for my ASE 12.5 64 bit server, which is setup under /opt/sybase/125.

Can I use the same sybase login on the same Unix machine, to install ASE 12.0 32 but server, which will use /opt/sybase/120 folder?

Ofcourse ASE 12.0 is going to use completely different master device and everything.

Originally posted by rmpathak
    What I mean by same login is the Unix login. I am using sybase as the unix login for my ASE 12.5 64 bit server, which is setup under /opt/sybase/125.

Can I use the same sybase login on the same Unix machine, to install ASE 12.0 32 but server, which will use /opt/sybase/120 folder?
    Yes, the Sybase instance is not connected to the sybase login in any way. Just make sure that the .profile or .cshrc file doesn't contain anything that will prevent you from accessing either of the installations (e.g. don't set $SYBASE, $SYBASE_ASE etc from those files).

In .profile for sybase, I am asking if I want to login as 12 or 12.5, based on the response, I am running .profile from their respective folders.
    ====================
    Rajesh