Unanswered: Show working days in a report

I know how to use code to do this but is there an expression you can use in a report to work out the number of working days between two dates?

I basically want to replicate the "WORKDAY" function from excel.

Any ideas much appreciated!
    Access XP & WinXP Pro

Smile Re: Show working days in a report

Originally posted by xander
    I know how to use code to do this but is there an expression you can use in a report to work out the number of working days between two dates?

I basically want to replicate the "WORKDAY" function from excel.

Any ideas much appreciated!
    Check out the Weekday function. You can use it in a procedure and exclude vbSunday (1) and vbSaturday (7) to count working days.

From the Help Files:

Weekday Function

Returns a Variant (Integer) containing a whole number representing the day of the week.

Syntax

Weekday(date, [firstdayofweek])

The Weekday function syntax has these named arguments:

Part Description
    date Required. Variant, numeric expression, string expression, or any combination, that can represent a date. If date contains Null, Null is returned.
    firstdayofweek Optional. A constant that specifies the first day of the week. If not specified, vbSunday is assumed.

Hope this helps.

Gregg

after doing an extensive search it appears that access does not have a function that does the same job as "NetworkDays" in excel - you have to use code.

I've got round it by running code when the users open a report that fills in a field on the table which I then reference in the report.

I just wish that all of the functions in excel were available in access.
    Access XP & WinXP Pro

Originally posted by xander
    after doing an extensive search it appears that access does not have a function that does the same job as "NetworkDays" in excel - you have to use code.

I've got round it by running code when the users open a report that fills in a field on the table which I then reference in the report.

I just wish that all of the functions in excel were available in access.
    Most of them are.......through code.