Question Unanswered: How to leave linked combobox blank in an option group

Dear All

I have got an option group with three options. Each option is linked to a combo box. I mean combo boxes have been enabled with each option. So you select an option and then select values from combo box.

My question is that how is it possible that when an option is selected the other combo boxes become empty (No values remain selected even when is not enabled or faded)?

The reason is that I have given references of these combo boxes in a query criteria. If values remain selected in combo boxes, my understanding is that the query takes all those values as parameters and brings incorrect data.

I have struggling with it since this morning. Please help.

Re: How to leave linked combobox blank in an option group

Have you tried setting the .value property of the other combo boxes to "" in the click event of the option button?

Originally posted by dbase
    Dear All

I have got an option group with three options. Each option is linked to a combo box. I mean combo boxes have been enabled with each option. So you select an option and then select values from combo box.

My question is that how is it possible that when an option is selected the other combo boxes become empty (No values remain selected even when is not enabled or faded)?

The reason is that I have given references of these combo boxes in a query criteria. If values remain selected in combo boxes, my understanding is that the query takes all those values as parameters and brings incorrect data.

I have struggling with it since this morning. Please help.

Smile

Thank you for your reply.

But in the mean time some another nice guy gave me following simple solution and it worked perfectly.

On OnLostFocus event of the combo box I have used

Me.Combobox = Null

I am sorry there is some correction to make.

I had not tried it fully. When I clicked on the command button to open the report, the values also disappeared from combo box and it returned with an error of invalid use of Null.

The correct way is as follows;

On BeforeUpdate event of option group put following statements

Me.combobox1 = Null
    Me.combobox2 =Null
    Me.combobox3 = Null

and it workes fine.