Angry Unanswered: Parsing Form Fields with pl/sql

Greetings,

I am parsing a form with a procedure written in pl/sql using Oracle application server. I have a <select> tag which allows multiple values to be selected, but in the pl/sql procedure I'm only getting the first value that is selected. I have tried submitting the form with "get" and "post" and the results are the same each time. Has anyone else had this problem. Am I doing something wrong?

The form contains a number of fields, including text, select (besides the problem one), hidden, radio, and checkbox. This particular select is the only one that allows multiple selections. I have tried it with both IE and Mozilla browsers.

If I change the <form action= to a Cold Fusion script (i.e. <form action="showvar.cfm">) that dumps the field contents I see exactly what I expect to see. For example

org_code_pick = "1000,1001,1002,2001,3P10"

but when I have

<form action="http://server/pls/acc/eadoc.eadoc_action">

I only see

org_code_pick = '1000'

Our database version is 8.1.7, but I cannot tell what version of the OAS we are running. I just know that it is the Apache web server that ships as part of OAS. The OAS is running on an HPUX box.

TIA,
    Rick.

Re: Parsing Form Fields with pl/sql

Originally posted by rickowen
    Greetings,

I am parsing a form with a procedure written in pl/sql using Oracle application server. I have a <select> tag which allows multiple values to be selected, but in the pl/sql procedure I'm only getting the first value that is selected. I have tried submitting the form with "get" and "post" and the results are the same each time. Has anyone else had this problem. Am I doing something wrong?

The form contains a number of fields, including text, select (besides the problem one), hidden, radio, and checkbox. This particular select is the only one that allows multiple selections. I have tried it with both IE and Mozilla browsers.

If I change the <form action= to a Cold Fusion script (i.e. <form action="showvar.cfm">) that dumps the field contents I see exactly what I expect to see. For example

org_code_pick = "1000,1001,1002,2001,3P10"

but when I have

<form action="http://server/pls/acc/eadoc.eadoc_action">

I only see

org_code_pick = '1000'

Our database version is 8.1.7, but I cannot tell what version of the OAS we are running. I just know that it is the Apache web server that ships as part of OAS. The OAS is running on an HPUX box.

TIA,
    Rick.
    Could you post the FORM code and your PL/SQL procedure?

BTW: Apache (Oracle Http Server) is included in iAS. OAS was shipped with Oracle Web Server

Here is the form statement:

htp.p('<form action="' || trainrpt_util.GetHostPortRoot || eadoc_root || setup_simple_option || '" method="post" onSubmit="return verify(this);" name="myform">');

and the relevent section of the form that contains the select is:

htp.p('<center>');
    htp.p('<select name="org_code_pick" multiple size="4" onfocus="setwhat(this.form,''org'');" onchange="setwhat(this.form,''org'');orgqry[2].checked=true;">');
    for q_org_list in org_list loop
    htp.p('<option value="' || q_org_list.old_org_code || '">' || q_org_list.old_org_code || '</option>');
    end loop;
    htp.p('</select> <br>');

Thanks,
    Rick.