Thread: Autofill Form

Question Unanswered: Autofill Form

Hello. I am fairly new to creating Acces Databases. I created a simple one for my department to track work orders from users. I currently have the following fields: Work Order # (Auto #), Asset Tag, Name, Phone, Department, Location, and some others. Currently whenever someone calls our help desk, they have to get all that info every time. What I want is for them to be able to enter the Asset Tag and all of the other fields autopopulate. Like I said, I am new and can't figure out how to do this. If any one can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Wink Re: Autofill Form

Assuming your form is based on a table and all the text boxes are bound to its fields then you can use the following code:

Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[ASSET_TAG]=" & Me.txtASSET_TAG
    Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark

Thats it!!

Originally posted by rpainter
    Hello. I am fairly new to creating Acces Databases. I created a simple one for my department to track work orders from users. I currently have the following fields: Work Order # (Auto #), Asset Tag, Name, Phone, Department, Location, and some others. Currently whenever someone calls our help desk, they have to get all that info every time. What I want is for them to be able to enter the Asset Tag and all of the other fields autopopulate. Like I said, I am new and can't figure out how to do this. If any one can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Smile Re: Autofill Form

Originally posted by rpainter
    A combo box is kind of user friendly in that you can display other more meaningful information to the user along with the field you want to search with. Use code similar to the code kahn used or let the combo box wizard help you to set it up. It will generate the appropriate code for you.

Gregg