Unanswered: MSDE 2000 Install - setup.ini

I have installed MSDE 2000 on my Windows 2000 laptop using the SP3 setup.exe and associated setup.ini file.
    So far I have included the following parameters in the setup.ini file -
    SAPWD=<my own SA password>
    SECURITYMODE=SQL
    COLLATION=SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

My next test is to connect to a database on the laptop from my desktop (via my LAN) using SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager and/or Query Analyser.

The problem is that although I can 'see' my laptop (ping/My Network Places etc.), I can not see the MSDE installation hense my database on the laptop. The message I get is '[Microsoft]ODBC SQL server driver [DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied'

Have I missed a parameter i.e. do I need to set up a parameter to ensure I can connect to the installation from remote?

Being new to installing MSDE, are there any other parameters I have missed?

Ian

p.s. Anyone know of a simple to follow install instruction set for MSDE 2000 which shows what parameters can be set up

Re: MSDE 2000 Install - setup.ini

Solved the problem myself.
    With Service Pack 3, msde has added a new parameter to the install = DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS. This parameter is defaulted to 1 which blocks remote access to the database. By adding the parameter with a value of 0 to the setup.ini file I can now connect from remote.
    Ian

Originally posted by Ian Grant
    I have installed MSDE 2000 on my Windows 2000 laptop using the SP3 setup.exe and associated setup.ini file.
    So far I have included the following parameters in the setup.ini file -
    SAPWD=<my own SA password>
    SECURITYMODE=SQL
    COLLATION=SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

My next test is to connect to a database on the laptop from my desktop (via my LAN) using SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager and/or Query Analyser.

The problem is that although I can 'see' my laptop (ping/My Network Places etc.), I can not see the MSDE installation hense my database on the laptop. The message I get is '[Microsoft]ODBC SQL server driver [DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied'

Have I missed a parameter i.e. do I need to set up a parameter to ensure I can connect to the installation from remote?

Being new to installing MSDE, are there any other parameters I have missed?

Ian

p.s. Anyone know of a simple to follow install instruction set for MSDE 2000 which shows what parameters can be set up