Unanswered: Trying to recover Secondary using ontape -l

I have an HDR setup (IDS 7.31 on SCO UNIX). As an experiment, I shutdown the Secondary for the weekend. I have logical log backups every hour on the Primary using a disk file. On the first workday, I restarted the Secondary and it went into Fast Recovery(Sec) mode. The message log prompted me to start recovery from tape (i.e. the logs have already cycled on the Primary). I redirected the first disk file backup to my LTAPEDEV device and started ontape -l. It stated that I have to roll forward using log number 21270 and prompted me to insert another tape? Now, I know that the disk file I have contains log number 21270.
    Why isn't ontape detecting this???

Is there a trick or special way to recover from disk files?

Re: Trying to recover Secondary using ontape -l

Originally posted by antzz
    I have an HDR setup (IDS 7.31 on SCO UNIX). As an experiment, I shutdown the Secondary for the weekend. I have logical log backups every hour on the Primary using a disk file. On the first workday, I restarted the Secondary and it went into Fast Recovery(Sec) mode. The message log prompted me to start recovery from tape (i.e. the logs have already cycled on the Primary). I redirected the first disk file backup to my LTAPEDEV device and started ontape -l. It stated that I have to roll forward using log number 21270 and prompted me to insert another tape? Now, I know that the disk file I have contains log number 21270.
    Why isn't ontape detecting this???

Is there a trick or special way to recover from disk files?
    Hi,

I suggest to you do back-up of level 0 of the primary on_line, you
    soon lower in secondary and the East both instances to it.

Gustavo.