Question Unanswered: Viewing Archive Logs in OEM/OMS

I recently cleaned house by deleting old archive logs. I did this by deleting the pysical files. Even though there is only 2 days worth of files in the archive folder, OEM and OMS both show the list of all that existed before I removed them. Now when I try to do a backup I get errors saying that it could not find xxxxxx.ARC which happens to be at the top of the list in OEM/OMS.

I tried taking the DB out of ARCHIVELOG (which bounces the DB automatically in OMS) and I also bounced the OEMREP DB.

Has anyone out there had this problem? If so, please let me know what you did to sync the system to what is physically on disk.

jpen

My RMAN book had the solution for this.

run this before your hot-backup at rman line:
    crosscheck archivelog all
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Red face

Thank you. Unfortunately I am very new to the Oracle World, and I have no experience running bare RMAN scripts. I will have to figure out how to go about that. I see the RMAN Script which is generated by setting up the job in OMS, but I have no idea how to add that line if that is what I need to do. I have a white document I downloaded from Oracle i will refer to on how to do jobs from the command line.

What is the name of the RMAN book you referred to?

Again thanks for your immediate response. I aprectiate it.

jpen

Thumbs up

I did get that command to execute, but the files still show up in OMS. I will continue to whack away at it. I did find Oracle Press RMAN on bookpool.com for $30 so I ordered it. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

jpen

Hey, at least you did the research yourself and figured it out.

I've never used OEM w/RMAN and only done things through commandline.

Unfortuantely, you will need to run that command every time. Not sure how OEM looks at things, but if it can be done through commandline, it can probably be done through the GUI as well.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Smile

I have not figured it out yet. I did do more research in a document online,

http://www.lc.leidenuniv.nl/awcourse...nt.htm#456698,

looking for more on the CROSSCHECK command, but all I have noted so far deal with BACKUP and COPY files. Nothing on ARCHIVE LOGS. This is a huge discussion on various tasks to keep the catalog up to sync. It will take me a while to go through it.

In the interim, I think that I will post a TAR with Oracle to see if I get a quick reply. I have searched METALINK, but that can get gruesome to find things sometimes.

Thanks again!

jpen