Unhappy Unanswered: Link table to Global Contacts in Exchange 2000

I have a table with all our donor contact information in Access 97. Their contact information is also located in our Global Contacts within Exchange Server 2000. Is there a way to link both of them so that if their contact information changes in one place it reflects in the other?

Re: Link table to Global Contacts in Exchange 2000

I don't think there is direct connection but if you know vba good enough you can open an instance of exchage object and then pulls all the information through code. I don't know if it'll work or not but would be interesting to check.

Originally posted by mfernandez
    I have a table with all our donor contact information in Access 97. Their contact information is also located in our Global Contacts within Exchange Server 2000. Is there a way to link both of them so that if their contact information changes in one place it reflects in the other?

Thanks, but I don't know any VBA but I guess I'll have to look into it if that's my only option.

Question Wizard doesn't bring in all data

I can successfully link my Outlook Contacts folder to Access using an Outlook/Exchange Wizard add-in, but when I open the table, I notice that some of the fields are missing - birthday, spouse, anniversary, etc. or the data in the fields are missing like their email address.

Any idea why that is the case?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Its easy to pull Exchange 2000 Global Access List into Access 200.

In Access, create a blank database, click File > Get External Data > Link Tables. And in the dialog box, select the "file type" to be "Exchange()" and then you can import data from GAL or Public folders or even from your email.

Linking the table is the best option, any data changes into Exchange will be displayed in Access and vice versa.

Wait for some time and the data will show in the table.

Re: Link table to Global Contacts in Exchange 2000

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mfernandez
    [/QUOTE

mfernandez

Here are further Microsoft Knowledge Base articles to help you. I tried to Link data in Exchange with Exchange 2000 with Access 2000 and it works fine but its slow, give it some time and it will referesh itself. It appears to be broken but it DOES import/link data and also allow to update both ways.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;175901

http://www.microsoft.com/accessdev/f...z.htm?&gssnb=1

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;208773

You can import or link data from Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange. Use the Exchange/Outlook Wizard to import or link data from Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server. For example, you might want to link to your Microsoft Outlook Contacts folder and then create form letters and mailing labels by merging the data with the Microsoft Word Mail Merge Wizard.
    ]

I am using the outlook/exchange wizard and it does link/import successfully, but the email and address fields do not come over. I have had them linked since last Monday and the fields are still empty.
    I am using Access 97, Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000.
    I have tried to look for article that specifically talks about troubleshooting the outlook/exchange wizard but have not found any. Do you know of any or where else I can look?