Unanswered: SQL 2000 Schema Only Replication

Hello.

Does anyone know of a way to replicate the SCHEMA objects ONLY with SQL 2000 Server?

Consider this scenario:
    Server A is the master DB. Server B,C,D are dummy servers that collect data. Server A pulls contents from B, C, and D. All reports and live apps run on server A so B, C, and D are simply their to collect data.

Consider adding another email field to the User table on server A, so that every user now has a personal email as well as a business email. I would like to replicate this change - the addition of the email field - to all the other servers without transferring all the data from A's user table.

Does anyone know a good methodology for implementing a system where changes at the schema level are replicated?

Thank you all in adavance for the help.

A.W.

Re: SQL 2000 Schema Only Replication

Originally posted by PlatinumRiver
    Hello.

Does anyone know of a way to replicate the SCHEMA objects ONLY with SQL 2000 Server?

Consider this scenario:
    Server A is the master DB. Server B,C,D are dummy servers that collect data. Server A pulls contents from B, C, and D. All reports and live apps run on server A so B, C, and D are simply their to collect data.

Consider adding another email field to the User table on server A, so that every user now has a personal email as well as a business email. I would like to replicate this change - the addition of the email field - to all the other servers without transferring all the data from A's user table.

Does anyone know a good methodology for implementing a system where changes at the schema level are replicated?

Thank you all in adavance for the help.

A.W.
    If Server A is your publication db and B,C,D are your subscribers you can add a column to a table that is already published by using sp_repladdcolumn. If the table currently isn't being replicated you will have to stop replication make the change and reinitialize replication

But won't all the data replicate as well?

you can use sqlcompare to propagate changes between environments.

I take it there is now way to do this without a third party tool?

Originally posted by PlatinumRiver
    I take it there is now way to do this without a third party tool?
    With sp_repladdcolumn no data would be added unless you put a default on the column, without a default the column added on B,C, and D will have null in every field, or you could drop replication and just script the db changes and reinitialize replication.