Angry Unanswered: enterprise manager settings

hate to sound stupid, but i could not find a place where i could change ansi_nulls, ansi_warnings, quoted_identifiers, etc. for enterprise manager.

a "developer" approached me with this question because he "wants" to be able to create tables and views without having to use query analyzer, but also wants to use specific (not default) settings through enterprise manager.

anyone knows?

thanks in advance.

Howdy,

I was sitting here musing over this problem and it occurred to me that if you could set those options in EM, it logically would have to override these settings for every single server registered in EM.

This would cause everything to go nuts as apps failed on some servers and all generally goes to custard ........

Your developer sounds like he needs to read some devlopment books....

Cheers,

SG

you can cahnge some of those for the default connection properties in the server properties for each server and one or two of them in the properties pages for each database... probably be best off setting them via the system stored procedures, I'm pretty sure you can set some or most of those options on individual databases
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com

Tell your developer he needs to use QA

EM can get funky....
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

yeah, i would have, only if they were not considered "our customers". untill then (or until i get hired by a company that gives due respect to dba's), - i'll have to go to his desk and play tech support level 2...

Provided Answers: 11
    Judging from all the funky stuff that Enterprise Mangler does, I suspect you could not change these settings, unless you coded your own EM. I have had users create tables called "dbo.table", when they try to specify dbo as the owner of the table. Maybe it is just my programmers, but I agree with the majortiy opnion here. Query Analyzer is the way to go. EM can help with diagrams, but it is not an all inclusive tool.

Howdy,

For what its worth - at some stage they will eventually have to hear the word "No!!" ...customer or no customer.....some things cant be bent... unless of course they want to pay handsomely for it..... ;-)

Stay cool,

Cheers,

SG.
    Last edited by sqlguy7777; 10-30-03 at 18:49.