Unanswered: Linux OpenOffice Informix Data Source

I'm trying to set up a link (via OpenOffice Data Source) to an Informix database.
    We want to be able to extract data directly from the database into Calc (and other OpenOffice products).

Has anyone got an example of a working configuration? (ie what are the Data Source settings, what do you need on the client to make the connect, what do you need on the server ....... etc)

Or has anyone got a HOWTO that describes what needs to be done? The OpenOffice help pages are a bit minimalistic

PS the client in this case is a Redhat 8.0 and the server is also Redhat 8.0

Re: Linux OpenOffice Informix Data Source

Originally posted by stevetucknott
    I'm trying to set up a link (via OpenOffice Data Source) to an Informix database.
    We want to be able to extract data directly from the database into Calc (and other OpenOffice products).

Has anyone got an example of a working configuration? (ie what are the Data Source settings, what do you need on the client to make the connect, what do you need on the server ....... etc)

Or has anyone got a HOWTO that describes what needs to be done? The OpenOffice help pages are a bit minimalistic

PS the client in this case is a Redhat 8.0 and the server is also Redhat 8.0
    Hi,

I think that you must instalation Client-SDK for Linux and use ODBC.

Gustavo.

Gustavo,
    Thanks for the reply. I have the CSDK downloaded and I now need to know how you go about setting up the DSN's - I have unixODBC on my laptop and am just in the process of getting KDE ODBCConfig - do you know if this is the correct route?

Originally posted by stevetucknott
    Gustavo,
    Thanks for the reply. I have the CSDK downloaded and I now need to know how you go about setting up the DSN's - I have unixODBC on my laptop and am just in the process of getting KDE ODBCConfig - do you know if this is the correct route?
    Hi,

Looks for the file Odbc.ini and configure the INFORMIXSERVER, ONCONFIG and INFORMIXSQLHOSTS.

Gustavo.