Question Unanswered: which desktop database to deploy

Hi,

I'm new to Delphi, but have done some extensive Linux-postgresql-c++ development in the past ...

I'm developing some windows desktop software using delphi 6 and need to persist the data between runs. I'm currently developing using Interbase 6, but i get the impression that it will be a pig to install / configure for the average user and has licensing issues.

Does anybody have any recommendations for the most suitable windows desktop database to deploy as part of my delphi app which is:
    - easy to deploy and install using cd or download as part of app
    - reasonably robust (to cut down on support calls)
    - uncomplex or no licensing issues

Sounds a bit dopey, i know but i protyped in access while i learnt delphi and have since ported to interbase, and have little expierence in this area of windows desktop db apps.

cheers in advance ...

Red face

oops ...

Forgot to add that i saw somewhere else about using Paradox, dBase, and Access. I have no expeirence of paradox and dBase.

Are they worth using ...

I create VB6 frontends with mySQL, Oracle and MSaccess backends in a windows environment. I suggest you look into mySQL. Its free, robust, easy to install, and will handle LARGE amounts of data. Use the myODBC driver. Read contact info before deploying. I assume the myODBC will work with Delphi. Downloads are available at www.mysql.com Also, download winMySqlAdmin and mySQLFront utilities. Both are free, easy to install, and will make your work so much easier. PS, its very easy to export MSAccess databases into mySQL using myODBC.

Thanks for the reply.

The app is pretty lightweight, and having used mysql before, do you not think its a bit heavyweight for these purposes ?

I've just been looking at product called EasyTable at http://www.aidaim.com/products/tet/tet_spec.php

Any experience of these ?

I don't want to burden end-users with any complex dbms installation issues.

cheers ...

oh and i forgot ...

Its only single user ...