Question Unanswered: Problem with Datasize

I tried creating a table with a field as varchar(6000) which resulted in the following error.
    I am using DB2 7.2 on Win2k

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returnedQL0286N A default table space could not be found with a page size of at least "8192" that authorization ID "DB2ADMIN" is authorized to use. SQLSTATE=42727

I believe I need to increase the BUFFERPOOL pagesize from the existing 4096. Could anyone get me the exact syntax for this or any other solution which is appropriate for the specified problem.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by viv_ck; 10-30-03 at 07:03.

You need to create a new bufferpool with size of at least 8K. If have created your tablespace for your table, then you need to change the bufferpool assignment for that tablespace to the 8K bufferpool that you created.

Leave the existing 4K bufferpool in place since DB2 needs a 4K bufferpool for other objects.

The default memory allocation for bufferpools is extremely low and should be increased as much as possible within the constraint of the addressable real memory on your server (and other DB2 memory requirements). But keep in mind that both bufferpools (4K and 8K) will allocate memory at the same time, and you need sufficient real memory on your server for the sum of all bufferpools on all databases that are started at any given time.