Question Unanswered: Some advice required

I have a form based on a query. Users use this form to input new data in.

At the moment what happens is that when users open form, it also pulls all data from underlying tables with it, so on old PCs it does take some time to download it. I have set it to open as New Record in OnOpen property of form but is it possible that when user opens the form, the form itself opens with all its objects and without pulling in all the data with it? It would certainly speed up downloading.

Thanks

Re: Some advice required

Be a little more specific. how is your form setup? Do you pull and show all the data in your subform when the main form opens? Do you new record button that a user can press and then enter a new record.? Do you use the form just to enter new records or can it be used to view old records?

Originally posted by dbase
    I have a form based on a query. Users use this form to input new data in.

At the moment what happens is that when users open form, it also pulls all data from underlying tables with it, so on old PCs it does take some time to download it. I have set it to open as New Record in OnOpen property of form but is it possible that when user opens the form, the form itself opens with all its objects and without pulling in all the data with it? It would certainly speed up downloading.

Thanks

Thank you for replying.

I have got three table, which are linked. Then there is a select query based on these tables. And then there is a form which is based on this query.

I have only one form for this purpose. There is no subform.

I have attached a macro on OnOpen event of form. This macro open the form in New rcord state.

There is also a button on form which when user clicks, it goes to a new record.

I want this form to be used as only to enter new records.

Thanks

First of all here is my good old advice. Never use "MACROS". They are BAD.

To use any form as a new record entry form, open it in design view. Change the property "Data Entry" to Yes. No need for any macros!!.

Next time the form is opened it will open as only new record entry form.

Originally posted by dbase
    Thank you for replying.

I have got three table, which are linked. Then there is a select query based on these tables. And then there is a form which is based on this query.

I have only one form for this purpose. There is no subform.

I have attached a macro on OnOpen event of form. This macro open the form in New rcord state.

There is also a button on form which when user clicks, it goes to a new record.

I want this form to be used as only to enter new records.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thank you very much Khan Sahib for your valuable advice.

I myself do not use macros a lot, because I am not very comfortable with them.

I will try it out later and let you know.

Thanks