Question Unanswered: Excel/MS-Query Oracle8 - Edit Query

Using MS-Query 2000, with Excel2000, and ODBC driver for oracle 8

I can build and use queries within MS-Query, or I can start up excel, and create a query within exel... in both cases, I can 'Save-As' the created query...

I can also start MS-Query, and edit/modify the saved query without problems..

HOWEVER... should I create an excel workbook, or template that has an MS-Query embeddedin it, I cannot access the query for modifications..

Although the Excel DATA menu shoows me the menu-item "Edit Query", selecting 'Edit Query' does not return the MS-Query tool so that I can revise the query...

In Excel-'97, this was not a problem. I suspct an odbc driver issue...

Anyone shed some light on this?

It is a real pain to create a query and a complex spreadheet, and not be able to do a minor modification to the query, without rebuilding the entire sheet again.. hmmmph!

Re: Excel/MS-Query Oracle8 - Edit Query

Have you had any success with this?

I am having the same problem.

Thanks,

Jason.

Originally posted by lritchie
    Using MS-Query 2000, with Excel2000, and ODBC driver for oracle 8

I can build and use queries within MS-Query, or I can start up excel, and create a query within exel... in both cases, I can 'Save-As' the created query...

I can also start MS-Query, and edit/modify the saved query without problems..

HOWEVER... should I create an excel workbook, or template that has an MS-Query embeddedin it, I cannot access the query for modifications..

Although the Excel DATA menu shoows me the menu-item "Edit Query", selecting 'Edit Query' does not return the MS-Query tool so that I can revise the query...

In Excel-'97, this was not a problem. I suspct an odbc driver issue...

Anyone shed some light on this?

It is a real pain to create a query and a complex spreadheet, and not be able to do a minor modification to the query, without rebuilding the entire sheet again.. hmmmph!

Wink

I found next solution for this problem.
    1) set Save password in Data Range Properties
    2) refresh data
    3) Edit Query works!!!

Sorry for bringing up so old topic