Unanswered: Many to One Data Migration

I want to move (copy + delete) data collected on many (~100) identitcal systems into one worker repository. The records all have UNIQUEIDENTIFIER primary keys. I need this as automated as possible so that when I make table changes or transfer changes, I don't need to constantly update all 100+ worker systems.

I currently have a DTS job on each worker. I can script the copy of the DTS job so that DTS updates are fairly easy to automatically propagate. However, I'd like a more automated and centralized method.

Replication jumpts to mind but wouldn't I have to individually configure a publication on each worker system and manually update that publication when necessary?

you discussing 2 things...Data and Objects

1st you want to centralize data...why not just use a sproc?

2nd you need to propogate object changes...I'd think I'd use a sproc as well...

Both a scheduled jobs...

3rd...why do you have 100+ instances of sql server?

Consolidate!
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Use a sproc? How do you transfer data across a network via just a stored procedure? AFAIK, you need DTS or replication or a programmatic SELECT/INSERT (which would be too slow).

Currently, I use many stored procedures for many things. The DTS package uses a few internally.

I don't see how this issue can be resolved with a stored procedure.

Thanks for replying.