Unanswered: Saving an Access report as a document in 2000

Hi all.

This one is one of those "whiz-bangs" ... Anyone know of a way to export a generated report to a word doc complete with all art , fonts, and graphics? These guys here are looking to email these docs to others ... Any thoughts?

P.S. - I've test straight HTML, RTF, XML (pukes on me) and none are complete ...

Thanks!!!

- Mike

exporting to word (if you can get it to work) leaves the report editable... which i don't like much.

have you considered .SNP ?
    small files, no edits, small/fast/free reader for those who don't have access installed, all formatting preserved.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Mike:

When you create a report as .DOC, you won´t be able to have pictures, lines, etc.

You could use the SnapShootViwer format or, the one I like most, the .PDF format.

In this adress, http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0011.htm you´ll find interesting informations

Bye

Izy,

I don't even have the option to export to Word ... What is a .SNP extension? To what program/app?

Mixirica:

Snapshootviwer format? From what? PDF would be good except for deployment ... I would have a bunch of client PC's to update ... But that is an option.

Thanks.

- Mike

Mike:

First of all, sorry wheter I took long time in order to understand you: I have to improve my English.

Now, are you in trouble to create a report on DOC format ?

Try to use this instructions:

docmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, _
    "YourReportName", _
    outputFormat, _ ' see below
    "YourOutpuFileName"

OutPutFormat must be one of those constants:

acFormatASP
    acFormatDAP
    acFormatHTML
    acFormatIIS
    acFormatRTF
    acFormatSNP --> SnapshootView
    acFormatTXT
    acFormatXLS

Did I help more this time ?

Mixirica,

Ah ... I see what you're talking about now ... My problem is that my report I want to save is in the Print Preview Mode. I'll still give it a go tho. I might get lucky ...

The snapshot viewer works like a charm! Now I just have to see if there will be any buy in to use it ...

There is no buy in for using Snap shot viewer. Its one of the best aaccess tools and I us eit extensively. The only drwaback is that .snp files are non editable.

Originally posted by M Owen
    The snapshot viewer works like a charm! Now I just have to see if there will be any buy in to use it ...

Mike:

You may download the SnapShootViewer from the Microsoft site.

Unfortunately, I don´t know the right adress....

the address recently changed
    snapshot viewer

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Folks,

You're misunderstanding me ... If my client's clients don't have it and won't get it I won't be able to use it ...

Khan,

The only drwaback is that .snp files are non editable.
    This not a drawback in this instance because what is being sent is a contract ... And all that is needed is for the client to print it and fax it back ... We don't want them to be able to edit the terms.

I ran into the same problem. There should (I'm sure there isn't) be an option that allows one to Copy the previewed report to the clipboard. Then you could use the Paste. I have setup an option for my users whereby they can copy a chart on a form to the clipboard. They then paste into their PowerPoint presentation.
    --> Me.OLEChart1.ChartArea.Copy