Unanswered: How to get a Record ID???

Hello all,
    I have a problem. I am trying to Export data out of one table into another. The export fails and gives me a record id of 1571999.
    Is there a way to pull this row out and look at it, see what is wrong with it? Something like
    SELECT * FROM tblPkgInfo WHERE ROWID = 1571999 ????

If you export data - probably it is conversion problem. You could use select from your table with conversion to new type and find records with incorrect data. You do not need ids in this case.

if there is a SQ identity field in the table you can use this

select * from tblPkgInfo where sq_id = (select min(sq_id) from tblPkgInfo) + 1571999

What do you mean by export...

What are you exporting to?

What method are you doing the export?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortinatly there is no identity column. I know I should, but this is not my table, I'm just helping out someone else. It's not a convertion problem. I am exporting with the DTS >>> creating a table and moving the data. The problem is in corruption of data. This is part of the whole Multi-processor and clustered indexes problem in SQL. My table got corrupt. So I am trying to get the data out into another table and the make another unclustered index. When I export using DTS, it exports 1571998 records and then gives me an error on saying something like Unable to export Record 1571999 mnvars >= 0. So I wanted to pull that record up to look at it. So my question is, how do I pull it up with out having an identity column by the record ID. I also can not creat an identity column in the table because it is corrupt.
    Any takers?