Unanswered: Informix with .NET trough Oledb provider doesn't works at all

Hello, I have a problem with my connection with an Informix database trough an Oledb provider. I'm developing with Visual Studio .Net in C#, (Framework 1.0) and I have to connect with an Informix database NECESSARY trough Oledb, because I already have more conections to another databases in that way.

I have installed Informix SDK 2.80 (I need this version too) and Informix connect 2.80.

The problem is that the connection works sometimes and sometimes doesn't, I don't know what happens (of course, whithout any modification in the source code). And when it works, I be able of performing SELECT but it returns an unspecified error when I open a transaction or I perform an INSERT into my informix database. I'm using the IBM Oledb provider for .NET that comes with SDK 2.80.

My connection string is the next:

"Provider=Ifxoledbc.2;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=myUser;password=myPassword;Data Source=myDatabase@myHost;"

I hope someone can help my, I've already read all the forums and IBM documentation pages without success. I've been researching for 4 weeks to solve this problem, I'm becaming mad!!

Thanks a lot,

RDS.

Re: Informix with .NET trough Oledb provider doesn't works at all

Originally posted by RDS
    Hello, I have a problem with my connection with an Informix database trough an Oledb provider. I'm developing with Visual Studio .Net in C#, (Framework 1.0) and I have to connect with an Informix database NECESSARY trough Oledb, because I already have more conections to another databases in that way.

I have installed Informix SDK 2.80 (I need this version too) and Informix connect 2.80.

The problem is that the connection works sometimes and sometimes doesn't, I don't know what happens (of course, whithout any modification in the source code). And when it works, I be able of performing SELECT but it returns an unspecified error when I open a transaction or I perform an INSERT into my informix database. I'm using the IBM Oledb provider for .NET that comes with SDK 2.80.

My connection string is the next:

"Provider=Ifxoledbc.2;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=myUser;password=myPassword;Data Source=myDatabase@myHost;"

I hope someone can help my, I've already read all the forums and IBM documentation pages without success. I've been researching for 4 weeks to solve this problem, I'm becaming mad!!

Thanks a lot,

RDS.
    Hi,

Check setnet32 and the definition in the ODBC of Windows (Control-Panel, Administrator tools, ODBC)

Gustavo.

Gustavo, thanks for the reply, but I had checked the setnet32, and I don't know what variable/s I have to setup.

I had checked mi ODBC too, and testing it from windows, it connects succesfull.

Ah!, my s.o. is windows XP, I've forgotten tell this.

Maybe there is a incompatibility between the oledb provider v 2.80, the s.o. and this version of framework?

Originally posted by gurey
    Hi,

Check setnet32 and the definition in the ODBC of Windows (Control-Panel, Administrator tools, ODBC)

Gustavo.

Originally posted by RDS
    Gustavo, thanks for the reply, but I had checked the setnet32, and I don't know what variable/s I have to setup.

I had checked mi ODBC too, and testing it from windows, it connects succesfull.

Ah!, my s.o. is windows XP, I've forgotten tell this.

Maybe there is a incompatibility between the oledb provider v 2.80, the s.o. and this version of framework?
    Hi,

Yes, there are problems with Window XP.

Gustavo.