Unanswered: Way to relate two rows of a table

I need to know a way to relate two rows of a table. Lets say that there are four columns in a table named Partnumber, PartDescription, Number in Stock, Number reserved. Lets say that there are two records with the same PartNumber and in the first record, the partdescription is called Optional and in the second record's part description is called SPare_parts. What I am trying to say that is both are essentially poiting to the same item, since the partnumber is the same in both the cases. If the number in stock in the first record is reduced by 1, then the number in stock in the second record is also reduced by 1. The number in stock in in both the first and second record should have the same value, since both have the same partnumber. Is there anyway to accomplish this in Access

kangan
    Sorry but if you say partnumber meas only one, can not by two and
    one partnumber can have many component.
    ok
    Saludos
    Norberto

Originally posted by Norberto
    kangan
    Sorry but if you say partnumber meas only one, can not by two and
    one partnumber can have many component.
    ok
    It is not really like that

Let me type it out

Part Number Part Description Number in Stock Number Reserved

PP1 Optional 3 1

PP1 Spare_part 3 0

In this case, since the part number are equal, it means that we are talking the same thing. It can be used as an optional part in some place and as a spare part in some other place. So whenever the number in stock for the part description spare_part reduces by 1, then the number in stock for Optional also should reduce by 1, since they both have the same part number.
    Hope I have explained it better.
    kr

Now i understand you , thing you must do make and Tbl Stock table linked with the master table Tbl Item Master, in the Tbl Stock the stock is by Partnumber and Location.
    Saludos
    Norberto