Unanswered: Report Issues (duplicate pages)

I have a report that uses a query to pull data from a table.

Specifically information pertaining to one record only with one associated sub-form.

When viewing/printing there are always extra pages, beginning where the sub-form begins and below.

Any ideas as to what the cause would be?

You'll need to look at the properties box for each part of your report (each grouping level, detail, header, footer) -- the first item in the format tab is "force new page" - read the help screens and play around with the various options for each -- none, before section after section, both, til you get what you want.

Also it is possible your report plus the margins is wider than the paper. Even if it is .05 of an inch too wide this will make extra pages.

A beginning or intermediate level book on Access, such as one of the yellow covered books "Access for Dummies" could probably also give enough detail if the help screens aren't sufficient.

Lightbulb Next?

Ok, I believe I found the problem.

The report is pulling the data from one memo field off of all the records in the table. Rather than the one I have designated to pull it from in the query.

Any ideas?

Smile Re: Next?

Originally posted by jacque427
    Ok, I believe I found the problem.

The report is pulling the data from one memo field off of all the records in the table. Rather than the one I have designated to pull it from in the query.

Any ideas?
    Have you viewed the results of the query used to drive your report in the query window? You should see the same thing as the report is seeing if the query itself is filtered.
    If you are filtering by opening the report from a form then there is probably something wrong in the opening call to the report.

Just some thoughts.

Gregg