Unhappy Unanswered: Help! Object Library not registered!

Hi, ive been making some vb applications for some time, but now suddenly everything is going wrong. Half of my applications i cant load propery and I get a message saying "Object Library not registered". Others I can run but when i double click on a form to start working on it vb just crashes and I recieve the infamous, "Visual Basic has encoutered a problem and needs to close". This all happened suddenly. Everything worked fine but now i cant do anything. All of my programs have errors of some sort or another. I have reinstalled vb countless times, unistalled the whole thing and reinstalled again but still no effect. I can start new programs alright but I cannot use any of previous programs. When I try and run them I get 'could not load errors and the like'.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am stuck without this

Thanks in advance, Tim

Re: Help! Object Library not registered!

Originally posted by littlerunxion
    Hi, ive been making some vb applications for some time, but now suddenly everything is going wrong. Half of my applications i cant load propery and I get a message saying "Object Library not registered". Others I can run but when i double click on a form to start working on it vb just crashes and I recieve the infamous, "Visual Basic has encoutered a problem and needs to close". This all happened suddenly. Everything worked fine but now i cant do anything. All of my programs have errors of some sort or another. I have reinstalled vb countless times, unistalled the whole thing and reinstalled again but still no effect. I can start new programs alright but I cannot use any of previous programs. When I try and run them I get 'could not load errors and the like'.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am stuck without this

Thanks in advance, Tim
    littlerunxion

This sounds like something wrong with registry. If everything was working fine and you started geting this message, then there might be two problems, one is that the registry has gone bad, somebody changed the registry and thats why vb is unable to find the library or you are using a user which does not have enough permission to access registry.

try this, reinstal vb and try to compile your code again or make it sure that the username you are using to logon to windows has enough permission to read registry. One way of doing this is to add the username to the local administrator group of windows. Which windows are you using? Win NT, 2000 and XP have local administrator group, add your user id to that group and make it sure that it has God-like permissions on the local machine.

If you have already installed vb many times than i think the later option should work for you.

I am also pasting the artile from Microsoft website to give you insight of the error.

I hope this helps!

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

Thumbs up thanks

Thanks for your help

I reinstalled VB again but with no luck, and I tried what you said with the registry, thanks for the ms link btw, but unfortunately it didnt work. However I recently formatted my hard disk so I had all my data backed up and I formatted again and now everything is working fine. It was quite a lot of hassle but at least I can use VB again

Also I tried replying earlier but I kept on getting errors after logging in