Question Unanswered: Import problem...

Hi,

I have a production database, and a test database which is a copy of the production db. Usually, to update the test db, i do an export of each user of the prod db, then import them in the test db. And it works....

But now, it seems that my new exports can't be imported anymore. I've tried an old dump file and it's still working. But the new ones keep making errors like the following:

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 6550:
    "DECLARE SREC DBMS_STATS.STATREC; BEGIN SREC.MINVAL := '78670A0A092221'; SR"
    "EC.MAXVAL := '78670A0A0C2427'; SREC.EAVS := 0; SREC.CHVALS := NULL; SREC.NO"
    "VALS := DBMS_STATS.NUMARRAY(2452923,35662037,2452923,48307 87); SREC.BKVALS "
    ":= DBMS_STATS.NUMARRAY(0,1); SREC.EPC := 2; DBMS_STATS.SET_COLUMN_STATS(NUL"
    "L,'AUDIT_USAGER_DEMANDE','DATEACTION',NULL,NULL,N ULL,11,,0909090909090909,0"
    ",srec,7,0); END;"
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
    ORA-06550: line 1, column 357:
    PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "," when expecting one of the following:

( - + mod not null others <an identifier>
    <a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> avg
    count current exists max min prior sql stddev sum variance
    execute forall time timestamp interval date
    <a string literal with character set specification>
    <a number> <a single-quoted SQL string>
    The symbol "null" was substituted for "," to continue.

Since i'm not an oracle expert, this error message doesn't mean anything to me. All the errors i get (cause i get a lot of them) are similar to that one (only the statement change).

Is there a way to make my import accept my new dump file?

Oh, just in case, i'm using Oracle 8.1.6. The database is on a Sun 2.6 and I'm importing from a Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks a lot,

Gaetan

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1

Re: Import problem...

Originally posted by TCR09
    Hi,

I have a production database, and a test database which is a copy of the production db. Usually, to update the test db, i do an export of each user of the prod db, then import them in the test db. And it works....

But now, it seems that my new exports can't be imported anymore. I've tried an old dump file and it's still working. But the new ones keep making errors like the following:

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 6550:
    "DECLARE SREC DBMS_STATS.STATREC; BEGIN SREC.MINVAL := '78670A0A092221'; SR"
    "EC.MAXVAL := '78670A0A0C2427'; SREC.EAVS := 0; SREC.CHVALS := NULL; SREC.NO"
    "VALS := DBMS_STATS.NUMARRAY(2452923,35662037,2452923,48307 87); SREC.BKVALS "
    ":= DBMS_STATS.NUMARRAY(0,1); SREC.EPC := 2; DBMS_STATS.SET_COLUMN_STATS(NUL"
    "L,'AUDIT_USAGER_DEMANDE','DATEACTION',NULL,NULL,N ULL,11,,0909090909090909,0"
    ",srec,7,0); END;"
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
    ORA-06550: line 1, column 357:
    PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "," when expecting one of the following:

( - + mod not null others <an identifier>
    <a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> avg
    count current exists max min prior sql stddev sum variance
    execute forall time timestamp interval date
    <a string literal with character set specification>
    <a number> <a single-quoted SQL string>
    The symbol "null" was substituted for "," to continue.

Since i'm not an oracle expert, this error message doesn't mean anything to me. All the errors i get (cause i get a lot of them) are similar to that one (only the statement change).

Is there a way to make my import accept my new dump file?

Oh, just in case, i'm using Oracle 8.1.6. The database is on a Sun 2.6 and I'm importing from a Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks a lot,

Gaetan
    What changed & when?

Has the production DB version of Oracle been upgraded?

Does every schema generate errors upon import?

We didn't upgrade any bases, but my intuition tells me it's not impossible that our provider made some changes to the db using 8.1.7 scripts...The problem is they aren't returning our calls...

Schema? errrr.... Well it's not every tables that does an error and almost every Users has (the only one who don't have error only have few tables)

Just found out a certain user have differents errors than the others and in only one table (the other tables from that user don't have errors):

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1658:
    "CREATE INDEX "IDS01_TMP_VALEUR_STRUCTURE" ON "TMP_VALEUR_STRUCTURE" ("USERS"
    "EQ" ) PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 131072 NEXT 13107"
    "2 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 4096 PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 "
    "BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) LOGGING"
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
    ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace SCJ

I don't know if it's related.

Thanks again,

Gaetan

The last error ... unable to create initial extent in tablespace SCJ is because there is no room left in the tablespace or the disk the file is on is out of room... Ensure you have autoextending on for the tablespace and that there is room on the disk for it to grow...

On the test database, is the package dbms_stats on there ??? Is that
    something new that was done on production and you can't get it to import into the test because the package doesn't exists ???

Gregg

the DBMS_STATS is there, but there's a lot of other package missing... I've done a Full export from the prod db, so the package should be there, right? So is it safe (using destroy=n, full=y) to import it in my test db? And will it bring all the missing packages? Or should i try another way?

Thanks again

Gaetan

I might would try (ON TEST) "drop user xxxx cascade"
    for the different SCHEMAS... (Clean out the test) ... Then run the
    import (don't forget "ignore=Y")

Gregg

Smile

I've got the answer from my provider (Finally!!) And now it seems to work!! The answer is the use the recalcute_statistics=y with my import.

It seems to be a bug which is only repeared in 9.0.1.

Thanks a lot to gbrabham and anacedent.

Gaetan

Originally posted by TCR09
    I've got the answer from my provider (Finally!!) And now it seems to work!! The answer is the use the recalcute_statistics=y with my import.

It seems to be a bug which is only repeared in 9.0.1.

Thanks a lot to gbrabham and anacedent.

Gaetan
    Oops, it is recalculate_statistics = y