Unanswered: Trouble implementing M2M on a form

I am an Access amatuer. I have some academic experience creating the usual "bookstore" database. I am now trying to create a database for a non-profit summer camp. I have several M2M relationships that I am utilizing junction tables to implement. The trouble I am having is figuring out which tables to bind the form controls to.

Example:
    I have table Counselor with the primary key CounselorID and various fields relating to counselor. I also have the table Programs with the primary key ProgramID and the field ProgramDescription.

This is M2M as camp counselors can supervise different programs over the summer and multiple counselors supervise each program.

I have a table CounslerProgram with the composite key of CounselorID and ProgramID, both Autonumber.

I would like to be able to enter all the information on one form. Find the particular counselor and enter the programs that each will supervise over the course of the summer. Is a subform the best way to accomplish this? Do I need a query with all the fields and then take the fields from that and put them on the form?

Any help will be appreciated. I have a couple of other questions, but I will spare everyone and post them one at a time.

Smile Re: Trouble implementing M2M on a form

Originally posted by mcraven
    I am an Access amatuer. I have some academic experience creating the usual "bookstore" database. I am now trying to create a database for a non-profit summer camp. I have several M2M relationships that I am utilizing junction tables to implement. The trouble I am having is figuring out which tables to bind the form controls to.

Example:
    I have table Counselor with the primary key CounselorID and various fields relating to counselor. I also have the table Programs with the primary key ProgramID and the field ProgramDescription.

This is M2M as camp counselors can supervise different programs over the summer and multiple counselors supervise each program.

I have a table CounslerProgram with the composite key of CounselorID and ProgramID, both Autonumber.

I would like to be able to enter all the information on one form. Find the particular counselor and enter the programs that each will supervise over the course of the summer. Is a subform the best way to accomplish this? Do I need a query with all the fields and then take the fields from that and put them on the form?

Any help will be appreciated. I have a couple of other questions, but I will spare everyone and post them one at a time.
    When you say that you want to enter all of the information on one form, do you mean all the counselor info, the program info and the info for the linking table between them?

Most of the ones that I have used are Main/Subform with the main form for instance being the program information and the subform containing the Program/Counselor info. The forms would be linked by the ProgramID. The counselorID could be a combo box on the subform which would complete the Primary Key for the CounselorProgram table.

If it were me I would set up a separate form for entering the counselors since they're info will be mostly unchanging.

Just my thoughts.

Gregg