Unanswered: how to delete particular records?

i have created this database in access. i want to delete all the records from a table in that database which DO NOT have a predefined value in some particular field.
    for example:-
    i use the query, DELETE FROM table_name WHERE {condition}
    and the condition would be that the value at a field is not equal to some value.
    say, for instance, that the table Table1 has a field, Name, which contains the values Steve, Nicole, Bruce, Carl, etc. what should i do in order to delete all the records which do not have the value in their Name field as Nicole?
    i've tried the query, DELETE FROM Table1 WHERE Name!='Nicole', but seems that it works only in oracle and not in microsoft access.

any suggestions would be appreciated....

Smile Re: how to delete particular records?

Originally posted by smartalec
    i have created this database in access. i want to delete all the records from a table in that database which DO NOT have a predefined value in some particular field.
    for example:-
    i use the query, DELETE FROM table_name WHERE {condition}
    and the condition would be that the value at a field is not equal to some value.
    say, for instance, that the table Table1 has a field, Name, which contains the values Steve, Nicole, Bruce, Carl, etc. what should i do in order to delete all the records which do not have the value in their Name field as Nicole?
    i've tried the query, DELETE FROM Table1 WHERE Name!='Nicole', but seems that it works only in oracle and not in microsoft access.

any suggestions would be appreciated....
    This is an exerpt from a practice database that I use. This is run from a form module.

CurrentDb.Execute "DELETE tblTemp.WONum FROM tblTemp " & _
    "WHERE tblTemp.WONum Not Like ""S00*"";"

It works for me. Hope this helps.

Gregg

WHERE Name <> 'Nicole'

or

WHERE NOT Name = 'Nicole'

rudy

thanks a million!!!

basicmek and r937.
    i am very thankful to both of you!
    you guys rule!!
    now the code is working just fine. i'm so glad. had you guys not replied, i was considering creating a few more temporary tables in the database which would have been a hell lot of work.
    once again, thanks a lot!

Provided Answers: 1
    Try also
    NOT IN("Nicole")