Question Unanswered: SQLAgent Username

Hi All,

I have searched through the usual places and havn't been able to find anything that talks about this, SO hopefully you kind people might be able to help out here?

We have a SQL 2000 box, and it has been built using some "creative expression" from the person who initially did this some time ago - however I am trying to go through it peice by peice and make some sense and have come across the username which is defined in against the SQLSERVERAGENT service.
    This username at the moment is an administrators personal username.

I personally don't think this sounds like the best option for this. However before changing it I would like to hear from others on what this should ideally be.
    And what the effects of changing it to another "type" of user (ie should it be the local administator? Or a specific user with other defined priviledges?)

Sorry for the lengthly explaination of such a basic issue - but hopefully you can offer some insight on the best user and/or type of user to use for this service.

Thanks in advance

Troy
    Sideways see's more scenery

Hi,

I use a domain account, just a normal user account, that does not logon interactively, called for example sqladmin.

Make that account a local admin account on the SQL server and use that account.

Cheers

Thumbs up

Thanks all for the help - much appreciated!
    Sideways see's more scenery