Unanswered: how to export the complete db2 database without data

Hi,

i have an existing db2 database(DB2 v8.1 over redhat linux 8.0) with data in many of the tables. There are around 800 tables and 1000 procedures.

Now i want to export the exisiting database(complete database) without the data from the tables.i want to export only the table structures and all other application objects only(not the table data) and import into a new database server.

My idea is that i have to establish a production database server based on the development server.

What are the different ways of achieving this.

Awaiting for a good positive reply.

Thanks

sri

Re: how to export the complete db2 database without data

db2look

Sathyaram

Originally posted by kollisri
    Hi,

i have an existing db2 database(DB2 v8.1 over redhat linux 8.0) with data in many of the tables. There are around 800 tables and 1000 procedures.

Now i want to export the exisiting database(complete database) without the data from the tables.i want to export only the table structures and all other application objects only(not the table data) and import into a new database server.

My idea is that i have to establish a production database server based on the development server.

What are the different ways of achieving this.

Awaiting for a good positive reply.

Thanks

sri
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.