Unanswered: how to deploy all the stored procedures from one server to another

Hi,

I have around 800 stored procedures in Db2 v 8.1 over linux.

Now what is the easiest way to deploy these stored procedures from the existing db2 server to a new database db2 server.

I am working on Db2 v8.1 over redhat linux 8.0

Any help is highly obliged..

sri

Re: how to deploy all the stored procedures from one server to another

In the 'Useful DB2 Stuff' thread, look for Stored Procedure Deployment FAQ ...

See the additional note in the post on how to find the FAQ section, in case the link does not work ...

Please let me know if you have any difficulties finding the page

Sathyaram

Originally posted by kollisri
    Hi,

I have around 800 stored procedures in Db2 v 8.1 over linux.

Now what is the easiest way to deploy these stored procedures from the existing db2 server to a new database db2 server.

I am working on Db2 v8.1 over redhat linux 8.0

Any help is highly obliged..

sri
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,
    When i click the link,it is taking to tek-tips and when i login,i am in the lost world.
    Can you send me the document if you can.I am not able to get any documents from tek-tips.It is so confusing.

Thanks

Sri

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    In the 'Useful DB2 Stuff' thread, look for Stored Procedure Deployment FAQ ...

See the additional note in the post on how to find the FAQ section, in case the link does not work ...

Please let me know if you have any difficulties finding the page

Sathyaram

Hi,
    I got the document.
    But,it explains only for doing procedure by procedure.

In my case,i have around 800 stored procedures and if i start working with each procedure,then i will loose some days for this.

If i want to port all the procedures from one database server to another database server,what are the different ways.
    I have to do the same process no of times on various servers.

Thanks

Srinivas

Originally posted by kollisri
    Hi,
    When i click the link,it is taking to tek-tips and when i login,i am in the lost world.
    Can you send me the document if you can.I am not able to get any documents from tek-tips.It is so confusing.

Thanks

Sri

You should be able build a list of Get and Put statements with an SQL query against the catalog of all procedures. I believe the names are in SYSCAT.ROUTINES.