Unhappy Unanswered: DB2 8.1.3 on Mandrake 9.1

Hi All,
    It will not be possible for me to lay hands on RH 8 or 7.3 (or SuSE).
    I'd like to know if I can install DB2 8.1.3 personal edition on either Mandrake 9.1 or Slackware 9.1.

I would appreciate it if any IBM DB2 insiders here could throw some light on this.

thanks in advance
    Tk.

It is not supported and probably will not work unless you use the assume kernal command. Search other threads for tips on installing on RH9.

Fixpak 4 is supposedly due out shortly, and may include support for Linux 9 releases.

Unhappy Re: DB2 8.1.3 on Mandrake 9.1

Hello,

i have been trying to install DB2 8.1 on Redhat 9.0 ..( i had installed successfully some months before) . But now i am having all kinds of problems for some reason.

Either the dasusr1 (admin server) does not work or the TOOLS catalog does not install . ( see my threads for the error messages )

i used LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
    export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

Wondering if i have to reload linux again to get DB2 working ..

DT

I have seen problems with installing the Tools Catalog during the initial V8 install procedure. The workaround is to just install Tools Catalog separately afterwards.

One problem may be that recent updates to RH9 no longer work with DB2. I just noticed today the following announcement from Red Hat:

"Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and errata support for Red Hat Linux 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 as of December 31, 2003. Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and errata support for Red Hat Linux 9 as of April 30, 2004. Red Hat does not plan to release another product in the Red Hat Linux line."

Looks like they are abandoning freeware Linux and going to Red Hat Enterprise Linux only.

Angry

Thanks for the info. i did get to install db2 8.1 on linux 9.0 without installing the toolsdb during setup.

anyway the db2cc is unusable for most of the commands ..while the commands seem to work using the CLI.

I just heard from someone who attended the DB2 Tech Conference in Las Vegas last week. They said that IBM did not mention anything about DB2 support of RH9 in fixpak 4 which is due out shortly.

re: Db2 8.1.3 on mandrake linux 9.1

Ok what about Mandrake Linux 9.0?
    Someone on the DB2 team said MDK will shortly be a supported platform.

Here is the list of Validated Linux Platforms and Distributions:

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux/validate/