Unanswered: Using DAO 2.5 and 3.5 at the same time

Hi,
    We have a legacy (but critical) VB3 program that we are gradually migrating over to Delphi. The DB is an access 2 database. We are using jet 2.5 from a vb3 and DAO 3.51 from delphi. When the delphi program updates the db all works fine. But sometimes the VB3 code then complains that the table (or record) is locked by another user. Can anyone make any suggestions ??? Should I use ODBC or ADO from delphi. DAO 4.0 is a complete non starter !

This is a very serious issue for us and I would appreciate some help ...

Thanks

Paul Newman

Re: Using DAO 2.5 and 3.5 at the same time

Having both DAO 2.5 and DAO 3.51 hard linked in your references is not a good omen. You have to choices either use late binding techniques for one while you have another one early bound(hard linked). The other would be to use ADO and DAO.

Originally posted by pnewman
    Hi,
    We have a legacy (but critical) VB3 program that we are gradually migrating over to Delphi. The DB is an access 2 database. We are using jet 2.5 from a vb3 and DAO 3.51 from delphi. When the delphi program updates the db all works fine. But sometimes the VB3 code then complains that the table (or record) is locked by another user. Can anyone make any suggestions ??? Should I use ODBC or ADO from delphi. DAO 4.0 is a complete non starter !

This is a very serious issue for us and I would appreciate some help ...

Thanks

Paul Newman

Re: Using DAO 2.5 and 3.5 at the same time

Hi
    Originally posted by khan
    Having both DAO 2.5 and DAO 3.51 hard linked in your references is not a good omen. You have to choices either use late binding techniques for one while you have another one early bound(hard linked). The other would be to use ADO and DAO.
    I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm using dao 3.51 with delphi and the jet 2.5 drivers for VB 3. Are these technologies compatable when used together on the same database at the same time ??

Thanks

Paul Newman