Unanswered: Error Accessing file. Network connection may have been lost?

Ok, this is a bug in the Microsoft Access 2000. I have done research on this to get it fix by following the steps in this link. http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/le...d/705/fid/2529

The cause of it is, when I import a form from another database, it would cause the error. I'm afraid that this might happen again, which will take me a long time to fix the database again. Should I go with microsoft office xp and will it be compatiable with Microsoft office 2000 or what should i do?

Wink Re: Error Accessing file. Network connection may have been lost?

This error is caused by the bug in the new version of vba. If you remove this version and either upgrade to newer one or downgrade to the 6.0 then you'll be okay.

I had this problem and once I removed it, everything's back to normal.

You don't haev to go for xp unless you want to. !!

Originally posted by lansing
    Ok, this is a bug in the Microsoft Access 2000. I have done research on this to get it fix by following the steps in this link. http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/le...d/705/fid/2529

The cause of it is, when I import a form from another database, it would cause the error. I'm afraid that this might happen again, which will take me a long time to fix the database again. Should I go with microsoft office xp and will it be compatiable with Microsoft office 2000 or what should i do?

Well, I have the VBA 6.3 but anyways, alot of people save just update the service pack, which i did but I still having a problem with it. Anyways, how do i downgrade to VBA 6.0?

Uninstall office and then reinstall it.

Originally posted by lansing
    Well, I have the VBA 6.3 but anyways, alot of people save just update the service pack, which i did but I still having a problem with it. Anyways, how do i downgrade to VBA 6.0?

I have try that already. The software i got is Microsoft Office 2000 Premium. Does this comes with VBA 6.3?

It just happen again today. The database was working fine then in the afternoon it would crash with the error. Dammitttttt!

Crappy workaround but it helps

I also run into this issue once in a while, though I've figured slightly different causes than those described in MSDN. On certain cases, when you have a form with code behind it, set "HasModule" property to "No" and then delete the form, the code behind it wouldn't get deleted. That spoils everything - the code will sit in your VBA project and you won't be able to delete or edit it. Then, if you create a form with the same name, what you get is what I call a "spoiled form" - it will give you the "Network connection may have been lost" error every time you try to edit the code, or do any of the other actions as per MSDN article you've quoted. Usually, if you get this on form import, this means that the form is already "spoiled" in the previous database.

The way I have found is to create a clean, new form, use a vb sub/function to copy properties from the original "spoiled" one, then copy-paste all the fields, and then, copy-paste the code. I know this is probably not the most correct way to do this, though it takes only 1-2 minutes regardless of the size and complexity of the form, and it doesn't require installing/reinstalling the software... Because 6.3, to my knowledge, besides this bug also solves a lot of bugs/inconsistencies that 6.0 had...

PS - forgot to add: if you have "spoiled" a database in this manner and want to get rid of the error, what I do is I create an empty database, import everythind <b>except</b> the "spoiled form" -- the way for importing that one is above -- and then delete the old file. Requires minimal amount of manual work
    Last edited by Virgo-Libra; 11-06-03 at 15:21.