Angry Unanswered: Reports - can user pick values?

I am a newbie and have done some reading, but am confused. Is it possible to create a report that allows the user to select values from a list that become the parameters of the report? All without creating temporary tables and/or altering the original tables?

For example, say the table contains product, status, date and when the report runs you want to give the user the option of picking product and status from some type of drop-down list and then typing in the start/end dates for the data for the report?

How can I go about this?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreicated.

ddevico:
    See the topics "Listbox as Parameter Query in a Report or Query" in this forums. there is an sample of your problem.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

If you want that the user picks a value form a ComboBox or check a checkBox or, ... , or ... then you have to do that on a Form and not on the Report, this means, before you pop up your report, pop up a form contains your combo, checkboxs, .... and a button, the user picks his desired value form the combo and checks waht he needs then he can click the button and the report pops up.

THank you both!!! This was exactly what I was looking for.