Unanswered: Contradicting Behaviour of LockTimeOut.

Hi Sathyaram/Marcus,

First and foremost many thanks for your guidance, my problem has been resolved as I have moved to UR though personally I would have prefered to downgrade to RS with DB2_RR_TO_RS=YES and a good value for the MaxLocks and LockList Parameters.

However I found one contradicting behaviour with the LockTimeout variable with the definition of it's default value of -1 as given in the help. The value -1 says that it is infinite wait and 0 means no wait, however what I observed is that when I had set the same to -1 my transactions were being rolled back because of a timeout and on the contrary when I set the value to approx 45 secs the transactions went through, so does it mean that -1 is not infinite wait?? My observation seems so.

Please explain this to me. Any input from the other experts would also be valuable.

Regards

Nitin.

P.S. The detailed history of this case can be obtained from my previous posts.

Re: Contradicting Behaviour of LockTimeOut.

-1 is infinite lock-wait ...

You will have to take snapshots and have event monitors on if you wish to analyze the actual cause of the behaviour you see ..

Sorry for not being of much help

Sathyaram

Originally posted by nitingm
    Hi Sathyaram/Marcus,

First and foremost many thanks for your guidance, my problem has been resolved as I have moved to UR though personally I would have prefered to downgrade to RS with DB2_RR_TO_RS=YES and a good value for the MaxLocks and LockList Parameters.

However I found one contradicting behaviour with the LockTimeout variable with the definition of it's default value of -1 as given in the help. The value -1 says that it is infinite wait and 0 means no wait, however what I observed is that when I had set the same to -1 my transactions were being rolled back because of a timeout and on the contrary when I set the value to approx 45 secs the transactions went through, so does it mean that -1 is not infinite wait?? My observation seems so.

Please explain this to me. Any input from the other experts would also be valuable.

Regards

Nitin.

P.S. The detailed history of this case can be obtained from my previous posts.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.