Unanswered: LINUX-CLIENT: OEM/ ANSI conversion

Hello,

When I connect from a linux-client using iodbc to a windows-server, some characters such as or are displayed as unreadable nonsense-symbols. Does there exist a conversion method in some way (as the checkbox in the control center in Windows) or could changing from iODBC to unixODBC could resolve the matter. I really need the correct characters being displayed, as the data is being used for a webshop.

Kind regards,

Maurits

Re: LINUX-CLIENT: OEM/ ANSI conversion

Hello Maurits,

The Pervasive engine does not support OEM/ANSI conversion from a Linux client to a Windows server.

I appreciate your input and will provide it to Marketing as a consideration for future versions of Pervasive.

Regards,
    Tim
    Pervasive Technical Publications

Originally posted by pinnockio
    Hello,

When I connect from a linux-client using iodbc to a windows-server, some characters such as or are displayed as unreadable nonsense-symbols. Does there exist a conversion method in some way (as the checkbox in the control center in Windows) or could changing from iODBC to unixODBC could resolve the matter. I really need the correct characters being displayed, as the data is being used for a webshop.

Kind regards,

Maurits