Unhappy Unanswered: Informix Agent of Veritas

Hi buddies,

Im using infomix 7.30.FC7XB and HP-UX 11 and Netbackup 4.5. When i tried backing up my database i got an error in bar_act.log. The error was: UNABLE TO OPEN CONNECTION TO DATABASE SERVER:INFORMIX DYNAMIC SERVER STOPPED.

In Veritas the error log was:
    151 THE DATABASE SERVER IS IN AN INCORRECT STATE FOR THIS BACKUP OR RESTORE REQUEST, OR AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE DETERMINING THE DATABASE SERVER STATE.

According to Informix Backup and REstore Guide of Veritas change the database server state amd repeat the backup or restore command.

I already run onstat -v and the database is up. I really don't know what to do so i can use my agent to backup my database. Does anyone can help me on this?

Thanks in advance and more power.

Re: Informix Agent of Veritas

Originally posted by nylanej
    Hi buddies,

Im using infomix 7.30.FC7XB and HP-UX 11 and Netbackup 4.5. When i tried backing up my database i got an error in bar_act.log. The error was: UNABLE TO OPEN CONNECTION TO DATABASE SERVER:INFORMIX DYNAMIC SERVER STOPPED.

In Veritas the error log was:
    151 THE DATABASE SERVER IS IN AN INCORRECT STATE FOR THIS BACKUP OR RESTORE REQUEST, OR AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE DETERMINING THE DATABASE SERVER STATE.

According to Informix Backup and REstore Guide of Veritas change the database server state amd repeat the backup or restore command.

I already run onstat -v and the database is up. I really don't know what to do so i can use my agent to backup my database. Does anyone can help me on this?

Thanks in advance and more power.
    Hi,
    At one the error message, the ON-LINE, this off-line or recovery mode.
    Test with "onstat -", then if this On-Line, test the environment variables OB2APPNAME, OB2BARLIST, INFORMIXSERVER, INFORMIXSQLHOSTS, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ONCONFIG.

Gustavo.

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for your reply.

I already checked if the database has already been start up using onstat - and the status is UP. Pardon me but i do not know how will i check OB2BARLIST, OB2APPNAME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Can you please tell me how?

Thanks for the support,
    nylanej

Originally posted by nylanej
    Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for your reply.

I already checked if the database has already been start up using onstat - and the status is UP. Pardon me but i do not know how will i check OB2BARLIST, OB2APPNAME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Can you please tell me how?

Thanks for the support,
    nylanej
    Hi Nylanej,

I don't know the product Netbackup 4.5, but check for library used.
    The variables OB2.... are product OMNIBACK, i confused, but check with the documentation for path of library (LIBRARY_PATH) and check in the database sysutils, the table sm_version.

Gustavo.