Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Unanswered: A2 level coursework......help needed

Could anyone please help me with my coursework for a-level?......I have to create a relational database management system for a sixth form area, where the head of sixth form requires a computerised system to replace the traditional data captur method of OMR.
    However, the basic requirements is to record daily student attendance and generate reports based on the dates selected (weekly,monthly).

I have planned a table on
    1) a table with Student ID as primary key and a column for the day, month and year each. Nevertheless, I don't think that this is a good idea and I was wondering if you could offer me any assistance to this.
    Also, I am sort of confused on how to record the attendance for each individual student and save it, so if the head of sixth form wants to find a particular student attendance, then she can search in the form created.

Any suggestions appreciated
    Thanks
    roxy

Roxy:
    First it is necessary to make a analisis of as they are the information necessities. Starting off of those necessities to structure the data base and its relations. If these in agreement I can help in arming the structure of the data base, but need to have well defined as they are the information necessities.
    Saludos
    Norberto

i don't understand what you mean........please can you clarify what you mean?
    roxy

Roxy:
    If you send to me a document with the requirement, i can help to you to make the structure of the Access Data Base.
    ok
    Saludos
    Norberto

Okay, well here goes: basically, my relational database management system must be for a sixth form area, where the head of sixth form can produce reports from pupils' attendances. The database must consist of the following:

1) contain a “user login” system, where the two form teachers who register in students can have access to the RDBMS as well as Mrs McCalla. The head of
    sixth form however, wants more authority and access over the whole system;

2) contains a form to add and delete students, and wants to edit students details if required to do so;

3) allow the two form teachers for lower sixth and upper sixth to register in students, by selecting options, such as having “tick boxes” to make their selection choice of who is present, late or absent;

4) stores and states the subjects that the pupils’ have chosen, which are important if any subject teachers require attendance information on a specific pupil if the teacher has concerns;

5) contains a find dialogue box on a form to search for particular students;

6) calculate the overall attendance for each individual pupil at the end of the academic year, or at the end of a given required time;

7) will produce daily absence lists for each of the two separate form classes with the pupils’ contact details stated with the lists and turn this in the form of a report;

8) produce daily reports for the individuals who arrive late;

9) produce notification letters to those who have not attended the sixth form centre in a number of days;

10) the relevant school days are programmed so that the relevant calculations can be performed;

11) produce simple summary reports containing all the relevant information, such as name, form class, contact details, total absences, lateness and how many times the pupil has been present for, for each individual pupil.
    roxy

This is an idea:
    1) Tbl Students.
    2) Tbl Professors.
    3) Tbl Academic Years.
    4) Tbl Matters.
    4.1) Tbl Calendar of Matters by Academic Years.
    5) Tbl Agenda of Pupils.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Unhappy

Thanks for the reply, however, it is not exactly what I was looking for.
    I need help on making sure that the pupils' in the sixth form area get registered, making sure that all of the school dates are programmed within the database. Once the students are registered, the form should save all of the dates, and make a blank space for the new marks to be entered in for the next day.....for both morning and afternoons.
    roxy

Unhappy

Is there any one offering help for a person who really needs help?
    roxy

my deadline is coming up and i need somone to show me the light.....
    roxy

Roxy:
    Semd me :
    1) A document (Word Format) with the data that you use to add a pupils to the school.
    2) A document (Word Format) with the data each form you use for the assitance (six area), i supposed is for that.......?
    With that information i see what i can do.
    Sorry for my english.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Unhappy

well I basically need to register in students, and to save the days that they were either present, late or absent for. How do I do this?
    roxy

Roxy:
    If i you send that information is because I think that single although it helps you are not going to be able to do it. Good I suppose that you know something of Access.
    1) Crear a table of Students with the data: key, last name, name... etc and a data (this is important) that it indicates in that level, or.esta degree, or a?o... that student. This is for presenting/displaying the forms of attendance grouped by this data.
    2) Crear a table of tie Attendances to first by the key of the students with the data that are needed in the attendance form.
    This is for beginning soon is necessary to make the forms of update of the tables and the reports.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Unhappy

I still don't understand you!
    roxy

What you don't understand ????
    Saludos
    Norberto

I still don't understand how to register in students using a user-friendly form, where the teachers can select the day they want to register the pupils on. How can I programme the database to recognise school days?
    Do I have to make a table including school days or something similar?
    roxy