Unanswered: SQL for export tables

Is there ne sql for exportting tables within the same server but into different database. I'm using SQL server 2000.

One easy way is to right click database in Enterprise Manager choose All Tasks->Export
    That will perform it as a DTS package that you can save and schedule.

Performancewise I guess it would be better to do a SELECT INTO followed by an ALTER TABLE if necessary.

I do not know of any specific sql function for exporting tables between databases though.

I want to export some tables. But i want to make a make a job for it. So that it is all automated. I know the wizard in SQL server does a good job but, is it possible to get an equivalent SQL script for what the Export wizard does?

Sure!
    In the final step just choose to save the package instead of executing it and then open that newly created DTS package and investigate the code generated for the various steps.

Most likely the actual copying of data will not have been implemented very efficiently, and not using pure SQL, but I'm sure just copying raw data will not be a problem for you.

Originally posted by vmlal
    I want to export some tables. But i want to make a make a job for it. So that it is all automated. I know the wizard in SQL server does a good job but, is it possible to get an equivalent SQL script for what the Export wizard does?
    One way is to save the DTS package in the wizard itself.

and then schedule this package in the job as one of the steps.