Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Odd little issue - How to access sort order for report group.

I have an odd little issue that i'm not sure if I can get around or not. I have a fairly basic report based on agencies, agents, and members like so:

agencies INNER JOIN agents ON agencies.agency_num=agents.agency_num INNER JOIN members ON members.agent_num=agents.agent_num

The report I have generated uses agencies.agency_num as it's primary grouping level. I am aware that the grouping levels automatically override the order by clause. However, I have a need for grouping my information by agency_num, and then sorting it in ascending order by agency name. Is it possible to do this? Everything I have found so far seems to say that there is no way to override the sort order once you have set a grouping level, I'm hoping I've simply missed something.

**I have to sort by agency_num isntead of agency_name because there are multiple satellite offices for certian agencies, which would obviously have the same name.

Just add another sort order on the name ... Don't create a header or footer for that sort grouping ...

Provided Answers: 1
    GOOD SHOW SIR!

I changed my grouping levels as such:

Agency_name (no header/footer)
    Agency_num
    agent_num
    detail (member)
    agent footer
    agency footer

I was hoping it was something as obnoxiously simple as this! Sometimes one needs to change their approach just a bit. Thanks!