Unhappy Unanswered: sp_OASetProperty Calling COM

Hi All,

I'm using sp_OASetProperty and sp_OAMethod to send some XSL and XML to an email component (an ActiveX DLL written in VB). This then transforms this into HTML to be emailed. The problem I'm having is that the XSL is truncated after about 3800 characters. Is there some kind of limit on amount of data that sp_OASetProperty and sp_OAMethod can send? The local variables within the Stored Proc are varchar(8000) and the data is not being truncated within the table where the data is stored.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Try to simulate it with the query analyzer and see if you get all the data .
    This will ensure if the problem is in the sql variables / tables or the SP_ / COM+ component

Originally posted by eschapir
    Try to simulate it with the query analyzer and see if you get all the data .
    This will ensure if the problem is in the sql variables / tables or the SP_ / COM+ component
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm using Query Analizer to test it. The data is in the table correctly. The data seems to be lost somewhere in the process of the COM object being called.

I believe the problem occurred in the COM + component.

In order to confirm it write a small VB script that create this COM + object and run it. You can see than with the debug window where the problem is.

Eyal

Originally posted by eschapir
    I believe the problem occurred in the COM + component.

In order to confirm it write a small VB script that create this COM + object and run it. You can see than with the debug window where the problem is.

Eyal
    Thanks. I tried something similar to this: Calling the COM component from VB. It worked fine with no problem. None of the text was truncated. Thats why I'm wondering what goes on in the grey area between SQL Server and the COM+ application.