Unanswered: Uh-Oh, Deleted Switchboard Forum :-\

Hey everyone,

I made a boo boo..lol. I was messin with the switchboard, and deleted the form for it...and now I can't get it back. I went to the switchboard manager, and no form will be created for it; ahhh...any advice?????????

Thanks a lot
    John

Re: Uh-Oh, Deleted Switchboard Forum :-\

Your form is gone forever and is dwelling now in the forms heaven. You have the following options:

1. Restore the form from a fresh database backup, if you have one.

2. If you don't, you can restore it from your database documentation, if you have one.

3. If you don't, you can try to restore the form's layout and functionnality from your memory, if you can remember.

4. If you can't, and the form was really important, well ... that's bad news :-((

bad news

*sigh*

Bad news is bad news...I don't know much programming, i'm teaching myself on the fly (learning pretty quick too..lol) But a form is a little beyond me at the moment.

The version of MS Access I have, I have no clue where the "Backup Database" is found. I started it on a friends computer with Access 2003, in Access 2000 format, then transfered to my computer, on Access 2000 (Office XP).

But I created another form instead..lol. Nothing too important, cause what I was doing was gonna override it anyways. hmm

Thanks,
    John

As I am learning Access, too, this is my constant reminder to me:

Always work on a backup file until I get it right!!!
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums