Post Unanswered: can any body assist me

i want to display all the files inthe directory by just typing directory name in the list box.iam able to list them when i just provide the path .i am sending the code i developed until now with this.
    precisely what i want is by just typing name of directory in the text box all the files in it should be displayed in the list box.plz assist me somebody.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gagan,

I have done same kind of job, but I have used Drivelistbox, Dirlistbox and filelistbox. The user can select the drive and then select the folder, all the files in the selected folder are displayed.

Are you also trying to do something like that, let me know.

Thanks

Pushpinder Gill

Thumbs up

Originally posted by pjsgill
    Hi Gagan,

I have done same kind of job, but I have used Drivelistbox, Dirlistbox and filelistbox. The user can select the drive and then select the folder, all the files in the selected folder are displayed.

Are you also trying to do something like that, let me know.

Thanks

Pushpinder Gill
    hi gill,
    my work is something similar to that but not exactly.if i just enter directory name all the folders in it should be displayed.i got it anyhow.if u want i will send my code.
    thanks for ur reply my dear friend.
    with regards....
    gagan

Hi Gagan

But you want to typein the folder name when you can select it using the mouse. It will display all the contents of the folder.

Thanks

Gill

hi gill,
    actually my requirement is when i just enter the date all the folders corresponding to that date should be displayed.files will be saved in the name of date.did u get what i want to say u ?
    thanks.
    gagan

Hi,

You can write the event on your text field, when u typein the folder name, set the property of Filelistbox.path = <the folder name user typed in>. This will display all the files in that folder. Hope this will solve ur problem.

Thanks

Gill

I would love to know how you got your folders by date they type in. Also is there a property or an attribute I can access to get the modify date of a file, do you know?