Thumbs down Unanswered: DTS Runs but scheduled job fails

Ive created a simple DTS that queries a few tables and writes the result to a CSV file. When I execute the DTS from the designer, it works properly but if I schedule the job to run at a later time it fails with the following error:

=========================================

Executed as user: DONAIN\USER. DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: Copy Data from Results to D:\CSSExtract\CSSExtract.csv Step DTSRun OnError: Copy Data from Results to D:\CSSExtract\CSSExtract.csv Step, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: Error opening datafile: Access is denied. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: 5 (5); Provider Error: 5 (5) Error string: Error opening datafile: Access is denied. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: Copy Data from Results to D:\CSSExtract\CSSExtract.csv Step DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

=========================================

Im not really sure what the problem is... besides the "Error opening datafile: Access is denied" Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    Unholy

Online Gamers Guild
    www.ogguild.com

Error opening datafile: Access is denied is the problem

Wow... thanks I didnít realize that.

Seriously, I was hoping for a bit more insight. Iíve had tremendous success with postings here in the past; perhaps Iím not asking the right question or giving the correct level of detail.

The agent account runs under a domain based account. Iíve tried to make that same account the owner of this job... and use the same credentials in the DTS... but same result. DTS works... scheduled job fails.
    Unholy

Online Gamers Guild
    www.ogguild.com

Nevermind....

I figured out what the deal was. NTFS access rights to the target folder.

Thanks for everyones time.
    Unholy

Online Gamers Guild
    www.ogguild.com

When you run, logged on as you, the permission are for you..

When the server agent runs the job, the account the sql agent runs on behalf of needs the permissions, either locally or through a domain...
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.