I currently have a form and am encountering 2 problems:

1) When I click on the form, a parameter query dialog box pops up before I can actually get to the form. How do I get rid of that parameter query dialog box w/o it affecting the information that I will need later on? Apparently that dialog box when the information of date ranges are entered, the corresponding records are displayed (which is what I want, but not at that point).

2) When I get into the actual form and click on one of my command buttons (let's call it CB1), a custom dialog box that I made pop up which is correct. However, it doesn't pass the information along to retrieve the right records. So when I click cancel on the custom dialog box, the same parameter query dialog box pops up to ask for the date range and if the information is entered here, the right records are pulled up.

What I need to happen is only for 1 dialog box to pop up once I get into the form and click on the corresponding command button: it can be the parameter query box or the custom dialog box I made and it needs to retrieve the appropriate records once the date ranges are entered. Now I created the custom dialog box using Visual Basic, which I am slowly starting to learn. I know therein the VB code is the answer to my problem, but I'm not sure what to look for or do. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!