Unanswered: prevasive db restore

I have a pervasive 2000 database and backup the table files under client\files directory.

How can I restore this database to a new named database?

create a new unbond database and copy the files? how about the directory location?

Thanks in advance.

HG

Re: prevasive db restore

Hello,

There are several ways in which to restore table files depending on how they were backed up. If you performed the backup at the operating system, then you can
    1. Create a new directory.
    2. Copy the files and DDFs into the new directory.
    3. In the Pervasive Control Center (PCC), run the Create Database wizard.
    4. In the wizard, specify the new directory as the location.

If the original database is unbound, then you may locate the directory any where. Note that you can also use the Maintain Named Database utility in the PCC to specify the locations of the dictionary and data files.

If you are talking about backing up/restoring by using the acrchival logging or continuous operations of Pervasive.SQL, then refer to chapter 8, Backup and Restore, in the Advanced Operations Guide. You may view an online version of the guide here: http://www.pervasive.com/support/tec...l2k/advops.pdf

Regards,
    Tim
    Pervasive Technical Publications

Originally posted by guyang2000
    I have a pervasive 2000 database and backup the table files under client\files directory.

How can I restore this database to a new named database?

create a new unbond database and copy the files? how about the directory location?

Thanks in advance.

HG