Red face Unanswered: Condition for 2 fields

Hello!

I am trying to create a access report that gives me all data for the records meeting the followiong condition:

Field #1 is PlacementDate
    Field #2 is Last Name

In theory what I want is all individual where Placementdate is empty and Last Name is populated.

I was able to print the report however I can not get the fields that I am looking for.

Could someone help me.

Sincerely

Lauren

Earth | North America | United States | California | Long Beach

Re: Condition for 2 fields

You need to create a query that selects the appropriate records from the table.

Without knowing much about the contents of the table, it appears as though you are looking for all records where PlacementDate Is Null. In the query you would put Is Null in the Criteria line under PlacementDate.

Then base your report on the query instead of the table.

Jack

Originally posted by Lauren
    Hello!

I am trying to create a access report that gives me all data for the records meeting the followiong condition:

Field #1 is PlacementDate
    Field #2 is Last Name

In theory what I want is all individual where Placementdate is empty and Last Name is populated.

I was able to print the report however I can not get the fields that I am looking for.

Could someone help me.

Sincerely

Lauren

Cool Re: Condition for 2 fields

Thank you for the information Jack!

XOXO Lauren

Originally posted by Jaash
    You need to create a query that selects the appropriate records from the table.

Without knowing much about the contents of the table, it appears as though you are looking for all records where PlacementDate Is Null. In the query you would put Is Null in the Criteria line under PlacementDate.

Then base your report on the query instead of the table.

Jack