Unanswered: Couting the numbers of rows from a query and displaying in a report

I have the following query:

SELECT data.district, data.q1a
    FROM data
    WHERE (((data.district)="1") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="4") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="6") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="7") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="8") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="9") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home"))
    ORDER BY data.district;

When I run the query it returns the total # of results (In this case 18).
    I need to be able to use that # in a report.

How can I count the total number of rows from a query and display it in a report?

Re: Couting the numbers of rows from a query and displaying in a report

I guess one solution would be to code the build event of the report. In this code you could set the query to be a recordset and do a recordcount that way:

set RST = db.openrecordset("QueryName")
    aVar = RST.recordcount

then you could use the variable "avar" in your report.

Just a quick thought. I am sure there is a better way. For instance, you could query the query with a summation query counting the records.

Hope this helps a bit.

Originally posted by Bspahr75
    I have the following query:

SELECT data.district, data.q1a
    FROM data
    WHERE (((data.district)="1") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="4") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="6") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="7") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="8") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home")) OR (((data.district)="9") AND ((data.q1a)="At Home"))
    ORDER BY data.district;

When I run the query it returns the total # of results (In this case 18).
    I need to be able to use that # in a report.

How can I count the total number of rows from a query and display it in a report?

Ok, I took your 2nd idea about querying a query, then did a count on the total # of rows and was able to return the # I was looking for. Thanks for the idea.

I have found that with Access, there is always more than one way to skin a goat, so to speak.

Originally posted by Bspahr75
    Ok, I took your 2nd idea about querying a query, then did a count on the total # of rows and was able to return the # I was looking for. Thanks for the idea.