Question Unanswered: Jdbc database not found error

I have been able to connect to the Informix server using the following URL:

jdbc:informix-sqli://hostname....:10000:INFORMIXSERVER=informix_se_tcp; user=...;password=...

via the databasemetadata i've determined the Informix version is 7.24.HC2

But I cannot determine the combination to open the database:

Here are some URLs I've tried:

jdbc:informix-sqli://hostname....:10000:INFORMIXSERVER=informix_se_tcp; database=optim;user=...;password=...;DBPATH=/optim/informix_dbs

jdbc:informix-sqli://hostname...:10000//optim/informix_dbs:INFORMIXSERVER=informix_se_tcp;user=. ..;password=...

I had the administrator, create a symbolic link in the userids home direcotory as suggested in some earlier archives.

File locations

relative to the userid's home directory the .dat and .idx file are located in the optim/optim.dbs where optim is a symbolic link.

the same direcortory is absolutely located at:
    /optim/informix_dbs/optim.dbs

The server runs on HP UX and my client is java 1.4 running on window XP.

The sys admin indicated he tested the id and password via ODBC on his machine.

This is my first experience with Informix and the system administrator did not even know the version of Informix. With my limited experience, I hesitate to label this problem as a bug and imagine I am just not putting the right data in the place. Any help would be appreciate.

Re: Jdbc database not found error

Originally posted by hessm
    I have been able to connect to the Informix server using the following URL:

jdbc:informix-sqli://hostname....:10000:INFORMIXSERVER=informix_se_tcp; user=...;password=...

via the databasemetadata i've determined the Informix version is 7.24.HC2

But I cannot determine the combination to open the database:

Here are some URLs I've tried:

jdbc:informix-sqli://hostname....:10000:INFORMIXSERVER=informix_se_tcp; database=optim;user=...;password=...;DBPATH=/optim/informix_dbs

jdbc:informix-sqli://hostname...:10000//optim/informix_dbs:INFORMIXSERVER=informix_se_tcp;user=. ..;password=...

I had the administrator, create a symbolic link in the userids home direcotory as suggested in some earlier archives.

File locations

relative to the userid's home directory the .dat and .idx file are located in the optim/optim.dbs where optim is a symbolic link.

the same direcortory is absolutely located at:
    /optim/informix_dbs/optim.dbs

The server runs on HP UX and my client is java 1.4 running on window XP.

The sys admin indicated he tested the id and password via ODBC on his machine.

This is my first experience with Informix and the system administrator did not even know the version of Informix. With my limited experience, I hesitate to label this problem as a bug and imagine I am just not putting the right data in the place. Any help would be appreciate.
    Hi,

You need install Informix Client-SDK on the Client, but with Windows XP no will work right.

Gustavo.

Originally posted by gurey
    Hi,

You need install Informix Client-SDK on the Client, but with Windows XP no will work right.

Gustavo.
    I am using the type 4 jdbc drivers from IBM, which I'm sure meant I did not need any other Informix drivers nor SDK installed. Am I mistaken? The fact that I was getting to connect to server but not the database, also led me to believe I did not need additional software installed.

I should have mentioned this in my original question. I am using the "Informix JDBC Driver 2.21.JC5" drivers and I'm using the drivers contained in the ifxjdbc.jar. If XP is a problem, I can try executing from a Linux platform, which will likely be the deployment platform if I can get it to work.

Originally posted by hessm
    I am using the type 4 jdbc drivers from IBM, which I'm sure meant I did not need any other Informix drivers nor SDK installed. Am I mistaken? The fact that I was getting to connect to server but not the database, also led me to believe I did not need additional software installed.

I should have mentioned this in my original question. I am using the "Informix JDBC Driver 2.21.JC5" drivers and I'm using the drivers contained in the ifxjdbc.jar. If XP is a problem, I can try executing from a Linux platform, which will likely be the deployment platform if I can get it to work.
    Hi,

Excuse me, please i'm few confused.
    Please on Server, check INFORMIXSQLHOSTS, name service and number in /etc/services.
    On Client, check in file "services" (WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC).
    If the same thing.

Gustavo.

Your understanding about type 4 JDBC driver is correct.
    You need NOT install any client software other than JDBC driver itself.

I found the following at this site(http://downloads.hemtech.co.za/jdo/m...formation.html)
    The previous Informix SE version 7.25.UC5 (without the X1) has a bug that does not allow JDBC connections.
    Since the Informix server I'm trying to open the database in is running 7.24.HC2, it seems possible that it contains this bug also. But perhaps the bug was introduce later than our version.

Does anyone have experience to confirm or refute the existence of this bug in Informix SE 7.24.HC2? Does anyone know any details about this bug? Is there a work around, other than a server upgrade?