Unanswered: "Migration" Warehouse Center

Hello,

i have things developed in the Warehouse Center with DB2 V7. Now i want to migrate the things that we develop in the warehouse center to DB2 V8.
    My question is wich better way to do this. A migration of the DB DWCTRLDB or there is another way ?

Thanks !!!

Re: "Migration" Warehouse Center

Have you had a chance to look at the IBM Manuals for this info ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by caaf
    Hello,

i have things developed in the Warehouse Center with DB2 V7. Now i want to migrate the things that we develop in the warehouse center to DB2 V8.
    My question is wich better way to do this. A migration of the DB DWCTRLDB or there is another way ?

Thanks !!!
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Warehouse Center

Hello,

yes and they don't refer nothing about the "migration" of the warehouse center from DB2 V7 to DB2 V8.

If you look at the installation guide for version 8, it should say something about upgrading from version 7, and whether there is anything you need to do as part of the migration.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hi,

1. Backup control_db and target_db in DB2 7.2.
    2. On DB2 v7.2 make a list of DB2 connections to source and target db.
    3. Install DB2 v8.
    4. Restore control_db and target_db.
    5. With Configuraion Assistant create connections to data sources and target db - don't forget to specify ODBC's.
    6. On Windows: Start | IBM DB2 | Set-up Tools | Warehouse Control Database Management
    7. In "New control database" field write the name of control_db. Migration tool will found out that database already exist (because of restore) and will migrate it.

If you will install the fixpacks then install fixpack 2 and then fixpack 3 (fixpack 3 needs fixpack 2 to be already installed).

I hope you are not from some country that has comma decimal delimiter, because in DB2 v8 is a bug in decimal points. I have reported this bug to IBM and according to response it will be solved in fixpack 4. I am just waiting to get fix. Does anyone has information, when the fixpack 4 will be published on IBM web support page.

LP,
    Grofaty
    Last edited by grofaty; 11-10-03 at 09:38.

Hi,

Oooo, fixpack 4 is already available at IBM DB2 support page

Grofaty

WAREHOUSE CENTER

Thanks,

i have already in DB2 V8 the sources and the target's from WAREHOUSE CENTER.

But i have to "migrate" the things that i have in the subject area. I try to export and gives me the error DWC02015E.

The explanation of this error is not very good:
    "DWC02015E Fetch of ODBC data failed (SQLFetch failed).

Explanation: An internal error occurred.

User Response: Contact IBM Software Support."

Caf

Hi,

1. Do you have ODBC connection configurated?
    2.Do you have any fixpacks installed on your db2 8.1? Check it with "db2level" command at Command Window. If not try to install the fixes. Fixes are available from IBM Support (see the link above in my previous message).
    3. I don't understand why do you need to migrate the "subject area". Migration process is done with "Warehouse Control Database Management" tool.

Can you please post the operating system type and version and fixpack/service pack/patch level. Also version and fixpacks for DB2.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty
    Last edited by grofaty; 11-12-03 at 02:06.