Unanswered: accessing the chart with VBA

Hi!
    I have created an unbound form Form1. That form includes ObjectFrame. That object frame was created automaticaly, when I created chart (Chart1) with wizard.
    How can I change the look of the chart with VBA (for example: chart title, axis titles,...)?. When I'm changing the data for Chart1 with RowSource property, then I would like to make some changes to the look of the chart.

troman

Re: accessing the chart with VBA

You first have to create an instance of gaph. Using late binding technique or early binding. With early binding you get the advantage of having intellisense help.

Anyway declare a variable like

dim objGph as object

and then instantiate it like this
    Set objGraph = Me![Graph1].Object.Application.Chart

now you have the graph demon at your command..

Originally posted by troman
    Hi!
    I have created an unbound form Form1. That form includes ObjectFrame. That object frame was created automaticaly, when I created chart (Chart1) with wizard.
    How can I change the look of the chart with VBA (for example: chart title, axis titles,...)?. When I'm changing the data for Chart1 with RowSource property, then I would like to make some changes to the look of the chart.

troman

Re: accessing the chart with VBA

Thank you for your help.
    Obviously I still didn't make samething as it should be. In the attached file I would like to change the title of the chart in Form1 with clik on the buttons. As I uderstand the code I wrote is for late binding. Early binding will be better because of easier coding. Maybe you can help me?

Thank you
    troman
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not familiar with late binding or early binding (I'm new in database) but I found this code from Access help (I use Access XP) and change your code and it works. I hope it help !
    Attached Files Attached Files